Mon-Sat 12-2.30, 7(6 Sat)-11, Sun 12-3; 7-10.30
Situated about a mile off the A454 down a narrow lane , this brewpub is reminiscent of the 1930's country estate pubs. It's an old thatched cottage style with visible beams on the outside. Inside there are two bars, a saloon and a lounge. The saloon has stone and part carpet floors and a small bar area. There are few seats here, but plenty of room for standing. The walls have brasses on but are mainly plain whitewash. A dartboard is situated here. The lounge has a real fire to warm those cold bones. There is an old clock and a mirror on the mantle, the usual pub tables and chairs are dotted about the edges. Smaller tables and stools are situated in the centre of the room. Refurbished in the last few years, it has a modern feel, note the interesting pictures. There is a large step down into lounge bar as you open the door. The ceiling is low wooden beams all original. The small bar is wooden panelled with hand pumps selling a number of real ales. The bar back is mirror mosaic! Lots of steps into the bar unfortunately makes it difficult for the disabled. The toilets used to be outside. Food is served both lunchtimes and evenings and is all home-made. Well worth a visit. No accommodation here. Used to be called the Davenport Arms.