39-41 High Street
Mon-Sat 5.30-11 (12-5; 7-11 Sat), Sun 12-10.30
Situated on the High Street, the Blue Bell Freehouse is the last remaining pub in the village.
The pub is an old converted barn dating back to 1645 situated on the village High Street. The landlord Ron Cook has up to four guest ales on.
Many good things have happened since Ron took over. The pub has once again resumed its rightful place at the centre of the village's social life and his dedication to providing an hospitable atmosphere allied to the tender care taken over a knowledgeable collection of fine beers has paid real dividends for regulars and visitors alike.
The regulars raise a frequent glass to the stewardship and have a fine appreciation of the time and effort that has been expended on getting the pub back on it's feet.
A newly refitted front bar is also available for parties & meetings.
In addition to the ales (six changing guests plus three permanent) there are a range of quality wines and spirits. The pub has a real community spirit.
The pub plans to continue the competitions and social events such as the successful sloe gin competition.
No food ordinarily.
None as yet.
View Larger Map