Weekdays: 5.30pm-11pm - Saturdays: 11pm-11pm - Sun
The Somerville Arms is a thriving, busy, drinkers pub. The pub is named after a Captain Somerville who was a local magistrate; his wife opened the Jephson Temple.
The first known record for the pub is in 1868 when the landlord was a Richard Uscombe. Little seems to be known of the early history, but John Chater who ran the pub from 1969 to 1999 told many interesting tales about the recent past.
The pub at one time had a glass canopy at the front which explains why it is now set back from the main building line. It's railings only survived the war because they were necessary to prevent people falling down the cellar drop. In 1956 two of the three rooms were knocked together to form the large front bar.
The smoke room (Lounge) was redesigned in 1973.
The current licensee is Paul Blatchly.
None as yet
The Talbot Inn
7 ales always available
Victoria Park Hotel
12 Adelaide Road