The Knife and Cleaver
Call for times
Knife & Cleaver
This friendly 17th century country inn is situated in the quiet village of Houghton Conquest, opposite the medieval church of All Saints, the largest parish church in Bedfordshire. It is a well established English country inn with great food and rooms.
Records first put the pub at 1796 but it is thought to be older. Originally called the Butchers Arms and was owned as part of the manor house and the Conquest family who owned the Manor from the 13th Century, when it was named Conquestbury or Houghtonbury.
There are a couple of resident ghosts, so if you feel a draught it might not be a window open.
There is a real fire in winter and a wonderful garden, ideal to while away those long summer evenings.
They serve real ale and real cider here.
Food is served here and is all home-made. The menu is varied and should suit all tastes.
None as yet
View Larger Map
Potton Village Bike