The Queen's Arms
Check for times
The pub is a Grade II listed building partly due to the ornate ceiling above the stairs. This is believed to be over 150 years old although its origins are unknown.
Set very close to the sea, this is a great pub to relax in and enjoy some local Cornish beers. Food is served here and is traditional; there is a limited selection for vegetarians.
Inside is traditional with a real fire for winter.
For the summer there is a beer garden in which they hold their annual beer festival.
The original building is believed to date from the early 1600's and was a private residence. By 1884 the Hamlets of Truthwall, Botallack and Carrarrar had become united. They contained 71 houses and 42 tied cottages, one shop (which was located next to the old chapel 100 yards up the road) and a public house.
The (pub was owned in 1856 by James Bolitho and was known as the New House, Truthwall. In 1897 when James Skewes owned the premises it became known as the Queen's Arms.
In 1908 it briefly became The King's Arms during the reign of Edward VII but reverted back to the Queen's Arms shortly after.
None as yet.
Sharp's Doom Bar